Date:      Sun, 05 Dec 1999 21:24:18 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Mohit Aron <aron@cs.rice.edu>
Cc:        wes@softweyr.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new Intel 100Mbps card

>> > #define FXP_VENDORID_INTEL     0x8086
>> > #define FXP_DEVICEID_i82557    0x1229
>> >+#define FXP_DEVICEID_i82558    0x1030
>>
>>    This wouldn't be correct. The 82558 has been used for years on Pro/100+
>> boards and they ID as 0x1229.
>>

>Sorry, I forgot to say about the above. Since Wes Peters suggested that it
>might be a 82558, it put the above name. Please correct it to whatever the
>name should be.

   From your other email it sounds like it has an 82559. Intel has been
shipping that for more than a year as well on boards that ID as 0x1229,
so apparantly the chip being used doesn't correlate with the ID number.
In this case I'd recommend changing the above defines to "FXP_DEVICE_ID_1"
and "FXP_DEVICE_ID_2" respectively. If you are confident that your 0x1230
Pro/100 is working correctly, including stuff related to manual selection
of the speed and duplex, then I'll take care of making the changes to
the driver.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Creator of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.