Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 18:39:48 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        "Network Admin [JPeterson]" <jay@qtm.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: splash screen / saver

On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 06:17:34PM -0500, Network Admin [JPeterson] wrote:

> > On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 03:37:50PM -0500, Network Admin [JPeterson] wrote:
> > > growl, grumble, moan, gripe, complain.. =)
> > >

> > I take it that it's still not working?
> >
> > As someone else )Sheldon?) mentioned, do you have
> >
> > options		"VM86"
> > options		VESA			# needs VM86 defined too!!
> >
> > in your kernel?
>
> Yes, I have those lines in my conf:
>
> and no it still is not working =(

Well, I can't think of anything else except to check the output from
``dmesg'' carefully for errors. One to look for would be an error 19
from the vesa module, which means that your graphics card doesn't
support (or can't be switched to) the required resolution. All cards
however should work with a 320x200 bitmap.

BTW, I won't be able to get my e-mail now until Sunday evening (GMT)
so any further replies may be a bit slow.

--
PERL has been described as "the duct tape of the Internet"
and "the Unix Swiss Army chainsaw"