Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:31:31 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        karl@Denninger.Net (Karl Denninger), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATAPI tape support - how to format?

In message <199912130738.IAA28004@freebsd.dk> Soren Schmidt writes:
: > Anything else I should know offhand other than "plug it in and use dump like
: > everything else"?
:
: Not really...

Actually yes.  There is one thing you should know.  The ata tape
drives tend to be more flakey than their scsi brotheren.  This isn't
to say a specific drive won't be reliable, but in general I've found
that they are fussier and require more care and feeding than my old
Exebyte drives (Which should tell the old users of the 8200 and 8500
something here).

Warner