Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 1999 00:05:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fsck successfull on checking root-fs but OS still can't mount it

:Hi !
:
:I'm seeing strange behaviour of fsck in -current.
:FreeBSD titan.klemm.gtn.com 4.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT #0: Wed Dec 22 07:07:11 CET 1999     root@:/usr/src/sys/compile/TITAN  i386
:
:SCSI bus hang, so I had to reboot. fsck checked every filesystem.
:But then mount was unable to mount the filesystem and tells you to
:check the fs using fsck. Did that again, nothing changed.
:You have to reboot.
:
:I was bitten by that 3 times.
:
:Another thing are the (I assume SCSI) hangs I got 3 times since
:I upgraded from 3.4-STABLE to -current. Next time I'll write down
:the messages. Two times the messages were hidden by another X Window.
:Nothing in /var/log/messages.

    I've been bitten by this several times myself recently.  The system comes
    up after a crash, fsck's the media, and then can't mount it and drops
    into single-user.  The only solution is to reboot.

    It didn't used to do this.

						-Matt