Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 2020 21:10:45 -0600
From:      "@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Lsof port can't build (again)

On 16 Jun 2020, at 06:40, Mike Bristow <mike@urgle.com> wrote:
> What is the output of "egrep '^(TYPE|REVISION|BRANCH)' =
/usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh" ?

Well, this seems like it might be bad:

# egrep '^(TYPE|REVISION|BRANCH)' /usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh
TYPE=3D"FreeBSD"
REVISION=3D"13.0"
BRANCH=3D${BRANCH_OVERRIDE:-CURRENT}

> How do you maintain the src tree on your machine?

svn checkout https://svn.FreeBSD.org/base/head /usr/src =20

And

cd /usr/src
make update SVN_UPDATE=3Dyes

Needless to say, I was expecting that checkout would give me 12.1, but I =
don't see how to get that.

--=20
'You make us want what we can't have and what you give us is worth
	nothing and what you take is everything and all there is left =
for
	us is the cold hillside, and emptiness, and the laughter of the
	elves.'