Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 2020 11:58:05 +0200
From:      Per olof Ljungmark <peo@nethead.se>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   openssl problem after 11 -> 12

Hello,

After upgrading our Nagios host, I can no longer get status from our
older HP servers with iLO3.

Using a perl script, check_ilo2_health.pl, this stopped working due to
lack of support of older ciphers in base openssl.

So far, I installed openssl from ports and enabled the weak ciphers,
adjusted /etc/make.conf for DEFAULT_VERSIONS+= ssl=openssl, have rebuilt
perl and perl modules, curl and a few more.

Still, I get

curl -v --insecure --tlsv1.1 -v https://<iLO3 IP>
*   Trying <iLO3 IP>:443...
* Connected to <iLO3 IP> port 443 (#0)
* ALPN, offering http/1.1
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
*   CAfile: /usr/local/share/certs/ca-root-nss.crt
   CApath: none
* TLSv1.3 (OUT), TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
* TLSv1.3 (IN), TLS alert, handshake failure (552):
* error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure
* Closing connection 0
curl: (35) error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert
handshake failure

I am at loss right now on how I could teach the FBSD-12 system to use
the older ciphers, it still works fine from 11.

Thanks for hints..

Per