Date:      Sun, 13 Apr 1997 09:34:42 -0400
From:      Scott <sceinuis@ix.netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help!

Hi,

I'd like to start off with the fact that I love your product.  I am
attempting my first web server for the net (yikes), and I'm going with
FreeBSD.  Your competition was Linux (Red Hat and Slackware), NT and OS/2.
I am just about ready to implement my server, but I have one problem which I
was hoping you can help me with.

I'm running 2.1.6 on a 64MB pentium machine.  I get everything to install
just great.  Everything gets recognized, and teh machine boots and works
fine.  My problem lies in the fact that (although I have tried what books
and man say) I cannot get an FTP login to chroot() so that their directory
looks like the root in their FTP client.  I've been through different books
about Linux and Unix, and cannot seem to make it work.  I've asked other
users of FreeBSD but they don't seem to want to help.

When the client logs in it says version 6.0 of ftp.  I'm not sure that this
is the correct FTP for the feature, and I fdon't know how to tell.

Well thanks in advance for the help.

-Scott