Date:      Mon, 03 Jan 2000 13:59:29 -0500
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        "Alejandro Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: what's a good pop-before-smtp-relay package?

>    My best advise its to wait untill sendmail 8.10.0 its released (its in
>beta stage by now if you want to test it), because it implements smtp
>authentication.

ah, err, wouldn't smtp authentication also require changes to the MUA
in order to make use of it?  (Which would require all users to upgrade
their MUA.)  Or am I misunderstanding something?

Lots of people are doing it this way now and it works.  I have it mostly
working, except the db manager I used isn't getting along well with FBSD.
Rather than continue running an open relay I'd like to fix or replace the
db manager.  If I don't hear a recommendation for a replacement I'll
probably spend some time debugging poprelayd.

-Mitch