Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2000 17:10:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brad Chisholm <sasblc@unx.sas.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adaptec AAC-364 RAID controller support

I see from the FreeBSD driver database at http://www.posi.net/freebsd/drivers
that support for the Adaptec AAC-364 RAID controller (aka Dell PERC 2) has
been proposed, but it is stalled waiting on documentation from Adaptec.

For what it's worth, you can add us to the list of people who have these
cards and would very much like to use them under FreeBSD.  Is there someone
at Adaptec I could contact to "encourage" them to release the documentation
we require?  At the very least, it might be worthwhile to let them know
there's interest in using their cards with FreeBSD.

Once the development is able to proceed, I'd be happy to lend a hand where
possible, even if only to test development versions of the driver.

We're currently running different arrays with:

   1) DPT SmartRAID IV
   2) AMI MegaRAID Enterprise 1200
   3) Vinum (raid 10)

The Adaptec card looks like it might provide a superior solution.  What's
best way to proceed when trying to get documentation support from vendors?

--
Brad Chisholm             SAS Institute, Inc.       sasblc@unx.sas.com