Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 13:44:22 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/i386/isa ppc.c

Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <200001140503.VAA67575@freefall.freebsd.org> Peter Wemm writes:
> :   If the driver is not prepared to deal with this, it must abort in this
> :   scenario or it will try and claim all PnP devices.
>
> So that's what's wrong with the isa attachment for sn :-).  Is there
> an easy fix?

The original ppc driver tried to attach to all pnp id's.  It was rather
spectacular if you had 'options PNPBIOS'.  I sent a patch which was part of
the commit, but it got mis-merged.  I fixed the device_set_desc() which
was still being run for all PNP devices.  It's funny seeing 11 "Parallel Port"
devices on your motherboard. :-]

Regarding if_sn_isa.c, try:

static int
sn_isa_probe (device_t dev)
{
	if (isa_get_logicalid(dev))		/* skip PnP probes */
		return (ENXIO);
        if (sn_probe(dev, 0) != 0)
                return (0);
        return (ENXIO);