Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 16:38:32 +0900
From:      YAMAMOTO Shigeru <shigeru@iij.ad.jp>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   how to allocate an alined address for a device?

I have a question about a resource allocation for a device.

In a CardBus system, a start address of status register must be aligned on
4KB boundaries.
Such kind of address alignment is required at mapping meory window,
expansion ROM and etc.

I think we use bus_alloc_resource() to map a memory on a device.
But it seems me that bus_alloc_resource() never guarantees to allocate an
aligned address.

How to allocate an aligned address to map a memory on a device?

Thanks,
-------
YAMAMOTO Shigeru			Internet Initiative Japan Inc.
<shigeru@iij.ad.jp>			Network Engineering Div.