Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:25:14 +0900
From:      Yosuke Koshino <youchan@kosy.gr.jp>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem of burncd

Hi,there

I install FreeBSD-current-20000122.
I tried to write CD-R with burncd, but writing of CD-R is failed
at the 'fixate' sequence. At the same time, I got the next error
message.
The message is "burncd: ioctl(CDRIOCCLOSEDISK) : Device busy".
Then, I add "sleep(10);" in 'fixate' code of burncd.c.

------------------ burncd.c -----------------
 if (!strcmp(argv[arg], "fixate")) {
         if (!quiet)
                 fprintf(stderr, "fixating CD, please wait..\n");
>        sleep(10);
         if (ioctl(fd, CDRIOCCLOSEDISK) < 0)
                 err(EX_IOERR, "ioctl(CDRIOCCLOSEDISK)");
         break;
 }
------------------ until here ---------------

I have been able to write CD-R normally with burncd now.
I think the cause of the failure is that My CDR drive have 4MB
cache memory and the synchronize of this cache need about 7 or
8 seconds.
Is there the matter of the function "acd_close_track()" of
atapi-cd.c in the kernel code ?

Hardware: Asustek motherboard with athlon
          Yamaha CRW8424E-VK  atapi CD-R drive (WDMA2)
          IBM DPTA-372730     atapi Harddisk drive

Yosuke Koshino