Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 00:53:01 +0000
From:      cmdrpc@att.net
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Instillation of FreeBsd 3.x

Hi
Recently, I tried to upgrade my FreeBSD 3.0 system to a
later version of 3.x FreeBSD.  I made the FreeBSD boot
disk and when I went to boot the system with any boot
disk greater than FreeBSD 3.0.  I received
    /boot.config: -P
    Keyboard: no
    >> FreeBSD/i386 Boot
    Default: 0:fd(0,a)/boot/loader
    boot:  (at this point the system either hangs or
            garbage start to appear on the screen.  If I
            press return more garbage is printed.)

The system is a Pentium Pro with 32MB Ram, two EIDE hard
drive 516MB and 3.6GB, AMI bios, Adaptec 2940UW,
Microsoft serial Mouse, Northgate OMNIKey Ultra Keyboard.
Any help will greatly be appreciated.