Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2000 01:32:55 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Makefile.inc1 change

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0001291516580.8352-100000@alphplex.bde.org> Bruce Evans writes:
: > So I should back this out?  I didn't do a 3.3 buildworld.
:
: Of course.

OK.  I've done the build on 3.3 and it works.

It does break cross compilation.  There is a tool (fini) that gets
built on the host with the host libraries and run on the host to
generate some files and this during the last phase of the build.

Maybe the right thing to do for make depend is to somehow arrange for
all things needed to build depend get built with the host compiler and
if host != target they get deleted before the actual build with the
tools.  Of course, hours before the code freeze is an inauspicious
time to make such sweeping declaration.  This automates much of the
tools problem...

I will back it out until after 4.0 so this change can be analized in
more detail.

Warner