Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2000 16:54:22 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>, John Purser <johnmpurser@home.com>, 'freebsd-chat' <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: costs for solaris vs windows

On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 09:48:13PM +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
> I don't quite understand the URL.... does that mean it is a solaris
> node?

What it _PROBABLY_ means is that that particular area of cnn involves
solaris issues. Therefore, it has nothing to do with us.

> >Yes, I imagine they're referring to things such as Solaris, Digital
> >UNIX, and BSD/OS. I honestly couldn't give a rat's behind about that..
>
> I'm not quite sure i follow you.  You don't care about commercial Unix costs?
> Or what they are saying about the comparison?

I don't care about comparisons between Windows something and some
commercial Unix. I would only care if they were making valid comparisons
between SomeOS and FreeBSD. And if they actually published details.

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>