Date:      Wed, 09 Feb 2000 11:03:37 -0500
From:      Bill Maniatty <maniattb@cs.rpi.edu>
To:        "Christopher R. Bowman" <crbowman@erols.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, maniattb@cs.rpi.edu
Subject:   Re: Books

> I apologize in advance if anyone feels this is in appropriate.  If
> you feel I need to be flamed please do it directly and not via the
> list.
>
> I have 2 books here that I wish to get rid of and since none of
> the local bookstores want them I will offer them here free of charge
> (I will pay shipping) to the person(s) who respond directly to me
> (and not the list) in 24 hours with the best explanation of how
> one or more will be put to good use.
>
> Hennesy and Patterson: Computer Architecture A Quantitative Approach
> (1st Ed) ISBN 1-881609-08-1 pristine condition

Got this one already

> Shanley and Anderson: PCI System Architecture (2nd Ed)
> ISBN 1-55860-069-8 small rip in paperback cover

I teach operating systems, and would like to add a device driver writing
component to the curriculum.  I could use this one.

> I also have:
> Wolfram: Mathematica (2nd Ed) ISBN 0-201-51502-4 paperback a little
> beat up on the corners.

Would be nice to have but I don't have a compelling reason for needing it.

Prof. William A. Maniatty

|Dr. William (Bill) A. Maniatty            |
|Assistant Professor                       |
|Dept. of Computer Science                 |
|University At Albany                      |
|Albany, NY 12222                          |
|Phone:  (518) 442-4281                    |
|e-mail: maniatty@cs.albany.edu            |