Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2000 19:53:15 +0100 (CET)
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wine and libavifil32.so

In article <Pine.GSO.4.21.0002151851200.26096-100000@nunki.dbai.tuwien.ac.at> you write:
>After my patch earlier this week current CVS versions of Wine finally
>build again (also a big Thanks! to Jürgen), but upon startup I now get
>
>  /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libavifil32.so" not found
>
>Does any of you have an idea what to do about that?

Do you have that file in your ldconfig path (or LD_LIBRARY_PATH)?
If you do and it still happens try updating your system (if you've
never done that before read the `staying stable' entry in the
handbook at www.freebsd.org/handbook/), or if you absolutely can't
do that for some reason just start it again until it works, this
was (i believe) a rtld bug and it triggers only `sometimes'.
(at least i seem to remember an rtld bug being fixed that showed
up with java and since my last world i haven't yet seen this
happen again...)

 HTH,
--
Juergen Lock <nox.foo@jelal.kn-bremen.de>