Date:      Fri, 3 Mar 2000 02:33:16 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>, nik@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org, brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: codecrusader and ntp

On Thu, Mar 02, 2000 at 07:52:32AM +0000, Brian Somers wrote:
> > Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > >
> > >Tip:  When you install a port/package, and want to know what commands it
> > >      has, try
> > >
> > >          grep bin /var/db/pkg/<package_name>/+CONTENT
> >
> > not `pkg_info -L package_name | grep bin`?
>
> Hmm, I guess nik is exhibiting his ``hacker'' status in the worst
> possible way :*I

Indeed.  I'm still amazed at the number of commands in FreeBSD that I
never knew existed.

Take rs(1), for example.  Would never have found it had I not mistyped
something and had tcsh suggest it as a misspelling.

Someone needs to do a "Command of the month" section on DaemonNews, in
which an enterprising hacker takes an obscure command (tsort(1) is another
one) and shows all sorts of useful uses it can be put to.

    If you want to imagine the future, imagine a tennis shoe stamping
    on a penguin's face forever.
        --- with apologies to George Orwell