Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 2000 18:04:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Dean <brdean@unx.sas.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   make release failing in /usr/ports/www/w3m/work/w3m

Hi,

I am building a release and am getting a failure during the doc phase
due to a port problem, (/usr/ports/www/w3m to be exact).  This port is
built during make release, and it builds a program called 'mktable',
which core dumps, causing the whole make release to fail:

[...]
cc -O -pipe  -I/usr/local/include -I. -c indep.c
cc -O -pipe  -I/usr/local/include -I. -c regex.c
cc -O -pipe  -I/usr/local/include -I. -c textlist.c
cc -O -pipe  -I/usr/local/include -I. -c parsetag.c
ar rv libindep.a Str.o indep.o regex.o textlist.o parsetag.o
a - Str.o
a - indep.o
a - regex.o
a - textlist.o
a - parsetag.o
ranlib libindep.a
cc -O -pipe  -I/usr/local/include -I. -o mktable mktable.o hash.o  -L/usr/local/
lib -L. -lindep -lgc -lm  -lncurses
./mktable 100 tagtable.tab > tagtable.c
Segmentation fault - core dumped
*** Error code 139

Stop in /usr/ports/www/w3m/work/w3m.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/w3m/work/w3m.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/w3m.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/w3m.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/w3m.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/w3m.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/docproj.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/docproj.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/docproj.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/release.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/release.

The core dump is optimization related, i.e., if I go in and manually
build 'mktable' without optimization, it works.  Is anyone else seeing
this?

Thanks,
-Brian
--