Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 08:22:54 +0200
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Subject:   Re: calcru / microuptime problem

On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 04:40:43PM +1030, Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au> wrote:

> On 14-Mar-00 Vallo Kallaste wrote:
> >  in the BIOS, no apm in kernel. Two PIII-550, one 20GB IBM disk (ATA).
> >  Same symptoms as above, heavy disk I/O, I was stress-testing the
> >  machine, except the machine hung for some unknown reason: I was able to
> >  switch vty's and ping the machine but not login, no disk I/O.
> >  I'm waiting for two 36GB IBM SCSI disks, which should arrive soon, then
> >  the next round without ATA is what I'm planning.
>
> Do you have the latest BIOS rev?

You mean for Tyan mobo? No, it's version 1.16b nongraphical AMIBIOS
which come with board. I'm having exactly same board but with SCSI only
configuration for my workstation which works without any problem for
half a year now. Also SMP, two PIII-500. When the new disks arrive,
well, I can try the new BIOS also.
--

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee