Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 00:13:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      robert bowen <robert@braingarage.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   polling vs irq for pcic

When I first set up my 4.0 machine, I installed with the
default kernel and it didn't notice when the card was
removed. I have seen a few posts on this subject, so I
recompiled the kernel with only "device pcic0" and
nothing else. Now it works great. My question is this -
are there any advantages/disadvantages to compiling it
like this? What difference does it make to the kernel
whether there is an irq set in the config file? Thanks
as usual for the info...