Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:17:44 -0600
From:      Brad Guillory <round@baileylink.net>
To:        Michael DeMutis <mike@2Gen.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Deny based on IP - TCP Wrapper

You should look in man under hosts_options(5) and the files
/etc/hosts.allow.

The /etc/hosts.deny file is no longer used so if someone point you there
just ignore them ;-).  Check out the man pages though or if you are
impatient there is probably enough info in the hosts.allow file
to get going.

Have fun, BMG

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 06:19:41PM -0500, Michael DeMutis wrote:

> I went to the ports collection and tried to install the TCP Wrapper.
>
> tristo# make install
> ===>  tcp_wrappers-7.6 is forbidden: tcp_wrappers is in the base system.
> tristo#
>
> It says it is in the base system.
>
> If that is the case, then how do I enable its use?
>
> I'd like to block telnet access based on IP.
>
> -mike

   __O
 _-\<,_     Why drive when you can bike?
(_)/ (_)