Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:49:46 -0500
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        Essenz Consulting <john@athena.lightningone.net>, msmith@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Onboard Intel NIC

I've asked about this several times and was beaten silly by Wes Peters and
Co. . It seems that they dont like to be bothered by the thousands of
people suffering from a driver that is not up to date (linux and netbsd
were fixed months ago)......they are way too busy working on 5.0 or
something else that about 1% of their user base is using to be bothered by
routine driver maintenance.

While the card "works" you wont be able to set media-related features..so
you really do need the fix. I've successfully fixed our version and its
working nicely.....I've forwarded the info to DG so hopefully it will be
patched soon.

DB