Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 13:47:49 -0500
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Onboard Intel NIC

At 08:07 PM 3/27/00 +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>Dennis,
>
>You need to work with the maintainer of the driver on issues like
>this, and as you have found out that is David Greenman.

Been there, done that...tired of waiting. What does one do when the
maintainers dont maintain if complaining isnt allowed?

>If you have any issues regarding that, him or the result thereof,
>address your email to core.
>
>Under *NO* circumstances is behaviour like this acceptable.
>
>You have been warned about your cheap pot-shots many times before
>and if you continue it will not take long time before you have
>collected the box-tops you need to get filtered out of our mailing
>lists.

Yes, lets silence the critics. Nice way to run an O/S.

Last time I asked a simple question as to whether this problem had been
fixed yet and I was told to figure it out myself. It seems that with the
freebsd-slackers the only was to get results is to emphasize the importance
of this to your user base. The fxp driver is "recommended" as the best
driver, yet maintaining it is a burden and complaining is not allowed.

When is that BSDI "support" going to kick-in?

DB