Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:29:21 +0200
From:      Dirk Froemberg <dirk@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk>
Cc:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>, Adam Laurie <adam@algroup.co.uk>, "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, greg@greg.rim.or.jp, sumikawa@FreeBSD.ORG, hetzels@westbend.net, ache@FreeBSD.ORG, winter@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, asami@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apache13-php4

Hi Ben!

On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 11:28:01AM +0100, Ben Laurie wrote:
> "Matthew N. Dodd" wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Ben Laurie wrote:
> > > Hmm. And what about the one where Apache-SSL replaces both
> > > apache13-modssl and apache13-ssl? Why do you consider Apache-SSL to
> > > need an exception, but not mod_ssl? I trust you are aware that both
> > > need Apache to be patched before they work?
> >
> > The difference being that we can always patch the Apache13 port so that it
> > will work with mod_ssl if the user decides to compile it in the future and
> > Apache-SSL doesn't work as an APXS DSO module AFAIK.
> >
> > Right?
>
> Not as of Apache-SSL 1.40: DSO support has been added.

Ah, that sounds good...

So it would be possible to create a "mod_apache-ssl" (the name is just
an example) that is configured via apxs similar to the other mod_*
ports, i. e. depend on apache13? Would it conflict with mod_ssl or
could "mod_apache-ssl" and mod_ssl be installed both?

If so apache13-ssl could be replaced by "mod_apache-ssl" and thus
fit into the new apache ports scheme.

	Regards Dirk

P. S. Is Apache-SSL 1.40 available somewhere? I wasn't able to find
      it on the web-page.

--
Dirk Froemberg

FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!		http://www.FreeBSD.org/