Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2000 23:28:48 +0800
From:      Stephen Hocking <shocking@prth.pgs.com>
To:        msmith@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using the boot loader to set maximum memory size?

Is there any chance of extending the loader so that it can set the memory
size, rather than hard coding it into the kernel config file? This would be
quite useful for testing things which like a large amount of memory set aside
exclusively for hardware's use (I'm thinking of Utah-GLX's DMA buffers for
G400 cards here).

	Stephen
--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
     this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California