Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 22:54:08 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Nicolai Petri (ML)" <nppmf@swamp.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with NEWCARD

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0004272256470.13792-100000@distortion.dk> "Nicolai Petri (ML)" writes:
: Another thing is that if the card is not recognized while booting... I
: must unplug and plug it back in before it's recognized !

Yes.  That's a known problem, and will be rectified.  I'm off tonight
in the middle of hooking up the probe/attach routines and hope to have
at least one driver attaching soon.  I gotta understand the MF cards
better and also need to fix support for the parsing of CIS for MF
cards which I know is broken.

: The problem is show below (I quicky skipped through the source
: code but could not find the magic bits) :

Wow!  That's odd.  I've not seen that here, but my 589 bought the farm
not too long ago and Matt Dodd hasn't had the time to add the support
for the C1 that I have.  Since I have other cards I'm not a all
worried about it.

I'll see what I can see in the limited amount of time I can make for
this.  I also have to do real work as well as some minor side work
while I'm up here in this beautiful country.

Thanks for trying this out.  My goal is to be able to start
integrating cardbus before my trip to Japan scheduled for Jun 6.  Eg,
the ed, ep and sio drivers will have been converted by then to NEWCARD
(while remaining compatible with oldcard, which is a goal until I can
get all the kinks worked out of newcard).  I also have some
compatibility issues to deal with NetBSD I'd like to at least look at
by then.  I'm sure that cardbus will come up while I'm in Japan and
I'll likely not get a chance to actually start until I get back.

Warner