Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 17:00:26 +0100
From:      Cillian Sharkey <cns@psn.ie>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Post-shutdown hook for UPS shutdown?

Hi Folks,

I need to execute a script (which tells the UPS to turn off) *after* the
system has come to a safe halt from shutdown -h. I can't place the commands
in /etc/rc.shutdown because this is too early in the shutdown sequence.

Unfortunately, the UPS in question (APC Back-UPS 650) is not a "smart" one,
(i.e. it doesn't have an in-built delay when a shutdown signal is received
which gives time for all attached devices to shutdown) and I'm pretty much
stuck with it. The software is the Network UPS Tools (NUT) package.

Basically, is there currently any way to execute a post-shutdown script once
the system has "halted" ? If not, is this feature possible to add ?

Thanks in advance,

--
Cillian