Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2000 18:20:43 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Patrick Seal <patseal@hyperhost.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libglade-gnome troubles

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 06:24:56PM -0400, Patrick Seal wrote:
> I really dont understand this. This has been happening for months, but for
> ports I didn't really care for. I checked for old include's and libraries
> but found none. I checked the mailing list archives and pr's but found
> nothing (I WISH THEY COULD SORT BY DATE!!).

Since you mention it's been happening for months, I suggest:

  1.  Save your configuration files
  2.  rm -rf /var/db/pkg/* /usr/local/* /usr/X11R6/*
  3.  rm -rf /usr/ports
  4.  cvsup ports-all as described in the Handbook
  5.  start building ports

As an alternative to (2) and (3), you may wish to do a clean install
of a shiny new 4.0-RELEASE system, and then follow the procedures as
mentioned in the Handbook about "Keeping stable with -STABLE" and
then continuing on with (4) and (5)

Regards,
	-aDe

--