Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:33:35 -0500
From:      "Victor R. Cardona" <vcardona@home.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with X and monitor

Hello everyone,

I know this is not exactly a FreeBSD problem, but I figured that I should start here. I am trying to install FreeBSD 4.0 RELEASE. I go through the installation, and everything seems normal. I configure X windows just as I do in Linux. However, when I try to start X windows my monitor just goes into power saving mode. I am forced to do a hard reboot of my system in order to bring it up again. Sometimes, I manage to get into X, but the same thing happens when I try to exit X. This does not happen with Linux. I have a Diamond Monster Fusion 16mb AGP card, and a Panasonic P15 monitor.

Has anyone encountered the same problem, and if so is there something that can be done about it?

Please email your replies to vcardona@home.com. I am not yet on the list.

Thanks,
Victor