Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:25:01 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, Patrick Bihan-Faou <patrick@mindstep.com>, net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: "frag-anyways" knob.

This looks good.

In the PPPoE case, we need to be able to bring the program up and
down based on any new MTU values negotiated by ppp(8).

This could be done if tcpmssd had a ``create a pidfile'' option,
where ppp.linkup could run ``tcpmssd -M IFMTU -P tcpmssd.INTERFACE.pid''
and ppp.linkdown could run ``kill `cat tcpmssd.INTERFACE.pid`''.

Ppp would also need to expand IFMTU in command_Expand() in command.c.

Does this make sense ?  The only alternative I see is to implement
this stuff in libalias and have tcpmssd use libalias.

Cheers.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>