Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:24:39 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Albert Yang <albert@achtung.com>, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any new PicoBSD's based on 4.0??

> That was the problem I kept running into.  I tried to hack them up to get
> working on 4.0 but had no success.  4.0 has massive kernel bloat. :(

exactly - this is one (not the only) reason i still stick with 3.5
on most of my systems.

> > natd, ipfw, dhcp, and ssh?  That would be perfect...
>
> ssh is gigantic.  Good luck.

i managed to put ssh/sshd/scp and all the above on a 3.5-based
picobsd floppy. The thing is, ssh/sshd/scp (both the one in ports and the
openbsd version) are not crunchgen-friendly. They have a lot of
common objects which are not in a library, and reference symbols
with the same name and different implementations in the other
files. Plus if you put them in a library there are clashes with
names in other libraries...

	cheers
	luigi