Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:06:10 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        alex@big.endian.de (Alexander Langer)
Cc:        new-bus@FreeBSD.ORG, mdodd@FreeBSD.ORG, tanimura@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ed driver newbusified - review/testers wanted

In message <20000724175042.A27618@cichlids.cichlids.com> Alexander Langer writes:
: I now newbus-ified the ed driver.

Cool.

: That also ports it to the alpha-platform (includes some patches done
: by me earlier and by BDE, who re-wrote parts for PC98).

Cool.

: I've tested my NE2000 PCI Ethernet (RealTek 8029) card now on
: my alpha and it works fine. (I'm kinda proud :-)

That's something to be proud of :-).

: What I now need is a review of the patches [1] as well as a test on
: the following card-types:
: - NICs with the DS8390 chipset from National Semiconductor

I think I have at least one of these hanging around.  I don't think
the old ed driver supported them, however.

: - WD and SMC as well as 3Com 3c503 cards that are supported by the
:   ed driver

I have a few SMC cards I could try.  I may even have an old wd8003 (I
think that's the number) I could try also.

: - Novell NE1000/NE2000 or clones

I have a real, genuine NE2000.

: - HP PC Lan+ adapters.

Swing.  I don't have this.

But as an added bonus, I do have a PC98 notebook with the C-BUS
interface (as well as the pccard interface, but that's not working)
and a ed based nic for C-BUS.

Now, if I only had time to test all of these :-)

Warner

with "unsubscribe freebsd-new-bus" in the body of the message