Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2000 11:39 +0100
From:      plamendp@bgstore.com
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   telnet connection refused from IP outside subnet

Given this example IPs:

My Home PC: 193.68.31.27 /dynamic IP from ISP, dial-up/
My Server: 193.68.22.2

I can telnet /and pop3 server is ok, popper/

Now, with this:

My Home PC: 212.50.35.2 /dynamic IP from another ISP, dial-up/
My Server: 193.68.22.2

I CAN NOT telnet /pop3 server connection refused  as well/

Why that ? /etc/hosts.allow 's first line is

ALL : ALL : allow

I have root privileges on my server! Actualy, this is my server plugged in the first ISP's LAN.

please give some help!