Date:      Sun, 06 Aug 2000 22:23:25 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Josef Karthauser <joe@FreeBSD.org>, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sbin/i386/fdisk fdisk.c

In message <Pine.NEB.3.96L.1000806235414.93194B-100000@fledge.watson.org> Robert Watson writes:
: On Sun, 6 Aug 2000, Josef Karthauser wrote:
:
: > joe         2000/08/06 17:26:09 PDT
: >
: >   Modified files:
: >     sbin/i386/fdisk      fdisk.c
: >   Log:
: >   0xA0 = Suspend to disk.
:
: Cool.  Now we just need the auto-partitioner under sysinstall to ask for
: confirmation before whiping out a suspend-to-disk partition when
: allocating all space to FreeBSD.  Or better yet to ask if the
: suspend-to-disk partition should be preserved, and all other space used
: instead.

Except that the suspend to disk partitions are not standard in many of
the laptops.  Librettos have missing space (and that missing space
must be in the lower 6G or so).  VAIOs I think have them.  Other
machines do things differently (some even have files on a FAT file
system, if reports are to be believed).

Warner