Date:      Sat, 9 Sep 2000 16:16:53 -0500
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
Cc:        Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>, Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>, Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>, FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Ports Options Paper

On Sat, Sep 09, 2000 at 11:40:18AM -0500, Will Andrews wrote:

# Better yet, I'd like to set up a full timeline for implementing
# everything, where the steps are shown step-by-step.

0. Set big picture objectives. (see Kris' vision statement)
1. Define what needs to be done. (requirements)
2. Figure out how to do it. (design)
3. Get it done. (code)
4. Test that it all works.
5. Goto step 1, 2, or 3 ad infinitum.

It is best to get 0, 1, and 2 (in the order shown) done before
you move onto the rest.  As a first stab at a timeline let's make
sure we get at least 0 and 1 done before BSDCon.  We might even
get to part of 2 before then, but I think BSDCon will be a great
place to iron out the design where we [1] can do this realtime.

-steve

[1] Still not sure whether I'm going to be able to make it. :(