Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 10:03:31 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Joao Pedras <jpedras@webvolution.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dell laptops

On Sunday, 10 September 2000 at 23:39:06 +0100, Joao Pedras wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I need some feedback from people that may have bought recently DELL laptops
> (Latitude, Inspiron) and run FreeBSD on them.
>
> Just trying to find out what does work and what doesn't.
>
> Still didn't get what sound card(s) are they using or if APM (zzz, halt) work
> or not.

I have an Inspiron 7500, and I had a Latitude CPi before that.  The
1400x1050 display on the 7500 isn't supported by XFree86 3.3.6, at
least not out of the box, but it is supported by version 4.0.1.  Just
about everything else is supported, though the sound drivers have only
just been committed to -CURRENT, and they're not available for
4-STABLE yet.  As with every laptop, CardBus isn't supported yet.

Greg