Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2000 12:00:17 +0200
From:      Johann Visagie <wjv@cityip.co.za>
To:        James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>
Subject:   Re: Script to genarate PLIST?

James Housley on 2000-10-11 (Wed) at 09:58:24 -0400:

> The porters handbook show how to do this.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/porters-handbook/porting-autoplist.html
>
> However it could use some improvements.

Specifically, I'd pipe the find command that adds the files to $PLIST through
sort(1) first (cuts down the size of future diff files), and the output of
the find that adds the directories to $PLIST through "sort -r" (pretty much
ensures the directories are removed in a sane order when deinstalling).

Hmm, and add something to remove man pages from $PLIST, I suppose.  :-)  Let
me see what I can do...

-- Johann