Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 13:06:01 +0200
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Cc:        pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Subject:   Wine update

Hello everybody!

We have the August 21th snapshot of Wine in ports now. In addition to being
slightly outdated by now, it is a known fact that it doesn't compile on
-CURRENT, but at the time this went in there was no alternative so it was
decided that it was better to have it non-working on -CURRENT than anything
else.

However, since then the 20000909 snapshot has hit the Net. (There was also
a 20001002 snapshot at one time and I still have it, but it has since
disappeared without a trace from the ftp servers and has not worked anyway.)
This September snapshot works on my -CURRENT system from yesterday
(note not only compiles, but also *works*, I am using the latest Windows 95
version of RealPlayer with it in this moment, while also compiling Mozilla
and running Enlightenment+GNOME. This load would almost certainly cause bad
sound quality and intermittent scratches on Windows, but not here. UNIX
rocks!)

It compiles cleanly, only using the patches that are in place now (they all
apply cleanly)

So, is there any reason why we do not update the wine port so that others
might enjoy this thinggy, too? :-) [Maintainer of the port cc'd]

Also, although I do not have a -STABLE machine here, but if testing on
-CURRENT is needed, please just tell me, and I'll be in a minute!:-)
(And Wine is getting better really by the snapshot, BTW.)

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM
Szeged University