Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 10:56:33 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        jbw <qfreaki@home.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New kernel freezes on startup: Dell Latitude CPxJ

In message <20001015104246.A1282@home.com> jbw writes:
: A new kernel I built for my laptop a Dell Latitude CPxJ just freezes on reboot
: and won't go any further.  The message it stops at is the following
:
: ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0.
:
: After that it just hangs there until I power off.  I then reboot and use
: the GENERIC kernel which works fine.
:
: Any ideas?

Back off to Oct 9, 2000 kernel or so.  The CW of the terminal room is
that something broke after that.  We'e seen lots of hangs when people
insert a plain old ed on oct 11-14 kernels and none on oct 9th.
Although Brian Sommers swears that his oct 11 kernel works.  Lots of
nasty interrupt changes have happened lately (spl -> mutex) so caution
is advised.

Warner