Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 13:03:33 -0700
From:      Chris Piazza <cpiazza@jaxon.net>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -stable showstopper or am I just hosed?

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 11:29:12AM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> Has anyone running really recent 4.x (*) had thier system lockup/crash
> when Xdm attempts to restart? (after logging out of X from WindowMaker
> or KDE)
>
> *(4.2-BETA FreeBSD 4.2-BETA #0: Tue Nov  7 13:49:04 PST)
>
> It didn't happen to me before my update.  I'm sorry if this is a
> lame bug report, I'll try to have something better tomorrow, but
> I wanted to see if it was just me.

Hmm I don't have that happening but I do have a different problem with
xdm and wdm that I haven't been able to track down.  It started after I
updated from a few weeks' old -stable to 4.2-beta on nov 4.

Both xdm and wdm are giving me sig11's when I use pam_ssh.  If I make
it not use pam_ssh it works perfectly.  Is anyone else seeing this
problem?  I've rebuilt XFree86 and wdm and it still doesn't work.

{
wdm     auth    required        pam_ssh.so
wdm     account required        pam_unix.so                     try_first_pass
wdm     session required        pam_ssh.so
wdm     password required       pam_deny.so
}

-Chris
--
Chris Piazza      (yawn...)    Calgary, AB, Canada
cpiazza@jaxon.net     -or-     cpiazza@FreeBSD.org