Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:19:07 +0800
From:      Jing-Tang Keith Jang <keith@bsdvm.jtjang.idv.tw>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: zh-tw-netscape-*

On 11/14/00, Satoshi Asami wrote:
> This port depends on cle_base and linux-netscape, however the latter
> depends on linux_base and cle_base complains about conflicting with
> linux_base.

Yes, but I don't know the correct solution.  Since cle_base is itself
a fully-functional /compat/linux, if the detection/complaint is removed,
it would overwrite the whole linux_base(if installed).  The zh-linux-ns
package also depends on both cle_base and linux_base, thus fails to
install unless -f is specified.  The only solution I can think of,
is to let cle_base depend on linux_base, and add (maybe hundreds of)
"@exec mv bin bin.orig" "@unexec mv bin.orig bin", but it's truly ugly.
Maybe these can be put in pkg-install.

In fact, chinese/netscape-* should have the problem also, since they
depend on both chinese/XFree86-aoutlibs and x11/XFree86-aoutlibs, and
the former has the same detection/complaint as cle_base.

> Besides, shouldn't these ports be called "zh_TW-netscape-..." to
> conform with the package name standard in the handbook?

Yes, it's just fixed.  Thank you your highness. :-)
--
Keep it simple and stupid.