Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 02:47:42 -0800
From:      Steve Reid <sreid@sea-to-sky.net>
To:        Stephen Hocking <shocking@houston.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XF86-4, Linux binaries, DRI?

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 11:05:02PM -0600, Stephen Hocking wrote:
> OK, I've been there and done that. I'm sending you my linux_ioctl.c and
> linux_ioctl.h which should help out.

Hmm... System halts at kldload. This is really odd, because looking at
diffs (between 4.1-R and yours) I don't see anything that should cause
that. The _only_ things that have changed are the path names for the
#include files and the addition of the linux_ioctl_drm() (with the
required declarations to plug it in just like the rest).
linux_ioctl_drm() is not rocket science, and does it even get called at
kldload time? This really looks like it should work.

By "halt", I mean the machine goes through the "shutting down
processes" thing and prints "the system has been halted". No "automatic
reboot in 15 seconds", no panic message, and no debugger appears. The
disks are not unmounted either. Maybe I just don't remember what a
panic message looks like (it's been a while :) but this feels very odd.

To satisfy #includes I needed some *drm.h files, which I grabbed from
/usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4/work/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bsd/drm/kernel/
(say that ten times fast :). mtime on them is "Jun 16 17:03". Does this
match yours? I don't think this should matter until an ioctl is
performed, but I'm not really familiar with kernel stuff.