Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 08:42:44 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>, security-officer@FreeBSD.org, audit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: audit patches need reviewing/committing

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 10:21:59PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> You raise a valid point - we need to make sure we don't lose the
> new-found momentum on audit, and that the older hands amongst the
> audit group give appropriate sign-offs on acceptable patches (or
> not). I wish I could be doing this myself right now, but it's
> difficult to even keep up with the regular security officer workload
> since I'm on vacation.

It was certainly _not_ an attack on your (or anyone else's) current
situation.. I am aware that some people (especially on the SO team) are
particularly starved for time at the moment.  However, I'm also sure
that at some point something will need to be done.  You are the current
head of the SO team, and if you know someone who has free time that you
trust to review people's audit diffs I'd advise appointing them.  :-)

> So I'd like to echo Will's call for people to make the effort to
> review some of the patches posted here and to give any comments that
> occur, positive or negative.

Indeed.. what we have are a lot of people interested in auditing but not
so many who understand all the implications.

--
wca