Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 03:14:20 +0000
From:      Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>, Jamie Heckford <heckfordj@psi-domain.co.uk>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ESS Sound Driver

Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org> wrote:

>> try those two lines:
>> options PNPBIOS
>
>This only helps for ISA sound devices.

And on some machines it prevents the mouse from working properly
because if it is listed by PNP before the keyboard controller, FreeBSD
marks the mouse's bus resources as in use by an unknown device so when
the mouse driver later tries to get IRQ 12 it fails. No one has a fix
for this problem.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch    fanf@covalent.net    dot@dotat.at
"Well, as long as they can think we'll have our problems.