Date:      Sun, 31 Dec 2000 07:10:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Roman Shterenzon <roman@xpert.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/23978: NEW PORT: security/amavis-perl

The following reply was made to PR ports/23978; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Roman Shterenzon <roman@xpert.com>
To: Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
Cc: <FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 17:07:21 +0200 (IST)

 On Sun, 31 Dec 2000, Will Andrews wrote:

 > On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 03:32:38PM +0200, roman@xpert.com wrote:
 > > >Synopsis:       NEW PORT: security/amavis-perl, mail antivirus
 >
 > Excellent.
 >
 > > XBUILD_DEPENDS=
 > > X		${LOCALBASE}/bin/bunzip2:${PORTSDIR}/archivers/bzip2 \
 > > X		${LOCALBASE}/bin/lha:${PORTSDIR}/archivers/lha \
 > > X		${LOCALBASE}/bin/unarj:${PORTSDIR}/archivers/unarj \
 > [...]
 > > XRUN_DEPENDS="${BUILD_DEPENDS}"
 > [...]
 >
 > You probably meant all these as RUN_DEPENDS not BUILD_DEPENDS.  Do they
 > actually get used during the build?
 Yes, they do, I need them for both RUN _and_ BUILD.
 Is there a cleaner way of doing this instead of
 RUN_DEPENDS="${BUILD_DEPENDS}" ?

 > > X#FORBIDDEN=	"This is alpha quality, use at your own risk"
 >
 > Huh?
 Yes, I wanted to uncomment this as a warning.

 > > XCONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--disable-qmail --disable-postfix --disable-exim --with-virusdir=/var/spool/quarantine --enable-relay
 >
 > Err, I think some people would like to use this with other MTAs.  Or do
 > I misunderstand this?
 yes, but doing this demands:
 1) good knowledge of these MTAs
 2) thinking about pkg-install.pl again, and modiying it.
 3) what if one person has all four mailers operating together in some
 esoteric way?

 So, for now, if someone wishes to use it with othe mta, she needs to
 install it manually, or to take a look at share/docs/amavis/* files.
 I may change it someday, but for now it's for vanilla freebsd only.
 I wanted to release it asap, since I heard of many people that would like
 to use it on FreeBSD.

 I _will_ do it later, rewriting pkg-install to become interactive asking
 which MTA is installed. It's a bit tricky, since I'll need to run the
 script with PRE-CONFIGURE, create Makefile.inc and then run it
 POST-INSTALL.

 --Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
 [ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]