Date:      Sun, 13 Nov 2022 03:08:16 +0100 (CET)
From:      Sysadmin Lists <sysadmin.lists@mailfence.com>
To:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        =?utf-8?Q?Fernando_Apestegu=C3=ADa?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>, Nicolas Herry <beastieboy@beastieboy.net>, Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
Subject:   Re: Testing ports of rust software w/o building rustc

ons <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
> Subject: Re: Testing ports of rust software w/o building rustc
>=20
> On Nov 11, 2022, at 3:23 PM, Nicolas Herry <beastieboy@beastieboy.net> wr=
ote:
>=20
> > Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu> writes:
> >=20
> > Then I'm curious now: why not opt for poudriere-devel (and binary
> > downloads)? Do you need to pass specific options to the compilation of
> > Rust?
>=20
> Also, TBH, the documentation on binary package downloading support in Pou=
driere isn't exactly extensive.  Prompted by your message I went looking fo=
r it and all I could find is some comments at the end of the poudriere.conf=
.sample file.  (Also, also, I'm running -STABLE, and I don't believe there =
is a FreeBSD package repo for that, so I don't know how useful the capabili=
ty would be to me.  I could be wrong, though.)

There's this in poudriere-bulk (8):

     -b branch
              Fetch binary packages from a binary package repository instea=
              of building them.  The branch argument can be one of the
              following: latest, quarterly, release_X (where X is the minor
              version of a release, e.g., =E2=80=9C0=E2=80=9D), or url.

              With this option poudriere will first try to fetch a binary
              package from the specified binary package repository.

              poudriere will only use packages that:
              =E2=80=A2   come from a repository having the same or older v=
ersion of
                  pkg.
              =E2=80=A2   do not have a locally fetched package already.
              =E2=80=A2   are not IGNORED.
              =E2=80=A2   match the expected local version.
              =E2=80=A2   match the expected ABI.
              =E2=80=A2   match the expected runtime and library dependenci=
es.
              =E2=80=A2   match the expected OPTIONS when CHECK_CHANGED_OPT=
IONS is
                  enabled (default: on).
              =E2=80=A2   is NOT listed in PACKAGE_FETCH_BLACKLIST.
              =E2=80=A2   is NOT listed with -C, or -c, when -t is used.
              The -v flag can be used to show these decisions during build.
              Specifing twice will show more details on why some are skippe=
d.

              WARNING: poudriere has no way of determining differences outs=
ide
              of the above list.  That is, if the local ports framework, or
              port, has custom patches or special WITH_FOO knobs (not OPTIO=
NS)
              then it is required to add its name into
              PACKAGE_FETCH_BLACKLIST.  Otherwise a package may be fetched =
and
              used that lacks the custom patch or knob.

              See PACKAGE_FETCH_BRANCH, PACKAGE_FETCH_URL,
              PACKAGE_FETCH_BLACKLIST, and PACKAGE_FETCH_WHITELIST in
              poudriere.conf.sample.  The entries in the lists will be matc=
hed
              against package names without versions.

The `-vv' option shows the internal logic poudriere uses when analyzing ava=
ilable binaries.

--=20
Sent with https://mailfence.com =20
Secure and private email