Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 20:41:40 -0800
From:      Peter Haight <peterh@sapros.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   pthread_attr_setschedparam, mozilla, and PTHREAD_MAX_PRIORITY

I rebuilt mozilla after upgrading to 4.2 and was getting an assertion
because pthread_attr_setschedparam() was failing with a ENOTSUP. It turns
out Mozilla was trying to set the thread priority to 42 which is above the
new limit of 31 which changed a little before 4.2-RELEASE.

To patch mozilla I had to do a '#if __FreeBSD_version >= 420000' because
PTHREAD_MAX_PRIORITY is in a private pthreads header file. I'm wondering if
it might not be a good idea to have that define show up somewhere public?
The only other thing I can think of is to call pthread_attr_setschedparam()
a couple of times to scope out the range of accepted values.

Or maybe I'm missing some better solution.

(I'm not on the list, so please cc me).