Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:07:09 +0000
From:      Rasputin <rasputin@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anyone else seeing this?

CVSupped 4-X-STABLE on Saturday,
build world and kernel and rebooted,
and the new kernel couldn't see the IDE drive at all.

Error message? Um,
it was the 'trying to fall back to PIO one' that was
all the rage a couple of months ago.

(Yeah, I know. This was around 2.30 am,
so I was too knackered to grab dmesg output.)

Anyway, the old kernel boots fine, so I'm still up and running,
but I wondered if anyone else had seen a problem. I'll leave it for a week
or so then try again, if no joy I'll send a PR.

Incidentally, would anyone know an easy way of finding out
what code has changed in the ata drivers since Christmas -
other than mailing Soren of course :)
--
Rasputin
Jack of All Trades :: Master of Nuns