Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:43:07 +0100
From:      Mark Santcroos <marks@ripe.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: adding an address family

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 10:22:12AM -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
> > So would it be possible to add another network stack at runtime or is the
> > code not ready for that?
>
> we do this in ng_socket.c where we add our own protocol.

Thanx,

I didn't thought on the netgraph code.

Is this likely going to replace all the implementations of the current
supported network protocols?

In other words, is netgraph the right way to go for me, or should I rather
focus on the more static part and drop the idea of implementing it as a
kernel module?

Mark

--
Mark Santcroos			   RIPE Network Coordination Centre

PGP KeyID: 1024/0x3DCBEB8D
PGP Fingerprint: BB1E D037 F29D 4B40 0B26  F152 795F FCAB 3DCB EB8D